PREVIOUS: With football season in full swing, the top attraction on TV last night was ESPN’s Monday Night Football game between the Patriots and Panthers, which drew a big 11.2 overnight rating, up 42% from last Monday and the second highest this season. Surprisingly, the big game had little impact on most shows, including Fox’s Sleepy Hollow (2.5 in adults 18-49), which matched its fast national from last week, and the entire CBS comedy block as all half-hours were even with last Monday. But Fox’s new drama Almost Human (2.2) tumbled 29% in its move to Monday after a Sunday premiere behind an NFL double–header. A drop had been expected, but this is likely more than Fox brass had hoped for as the Sunday debut also faced an NFL game in the second half-hour. On the bright side, Almost Human still outperformed Fox’s Monday 8 PM slot by 5% and held its audience from the first to second half-hour. There was no Blacklist on Monday for the first time this fall. The hot new drama had planned a big two-parter to wrap its uninterrupted fall run (and the November sweep), but star James Spader’s illness pushed that by a week. Broadcast dramas are on such tight delivery schedules that anything unforeseen can disrupt the air pattern. Instead of running a Blacklist repeat, NBC opted to shift The Voice from 9-11 PM and air Voice recap at 8 PM. The network still won the night in 18-49, though The Voice (3.4) was down 11% from last week when it aired from 8-10 PM. But the recap show (2.2) did well, tying the regular slot premiere of Almost Human. Facing The Voice, CBS’ Hostages (1.0) slipped 9% to a new series low. The network’s comedies averaged 3.1 (How I Met Your Mother), 2.7 (2 Broke Girls), 2.3 (Mike & Molly) and 1.9 (Mom). ABC’s fast nationals (2.3 for both Dancing With The Stars and Castle) were inflated by NFL pre-emptions and will be adjusted down. Hart Of Dixie and Beauty And The Beast were flat.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘Almost Human’ Down In Move To Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'