Actress, singer, and producer Sheila Mathews Allen died Friday at her home in Malibu after a battle with pulmonary fibrosis. She was 84. The widow of film and TV producer Irwin Allen appeared in many of her husband’s productions including The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, When Time Ran Out, and Lost In Space. She played Fanny Tatum on The Waltons and appeared in the Evel Knievel pic Viva Knievel! After her husband’s death in 1991, she took over as President of Irwin Allen Productions, overseeing development on features and nonfiction projects based on her husband’s intellectual properties, including Wolfgang Petersen’s 2006 remake Poseidon, for WB.
R.I.P. Sheila Mathews Allen
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief