Actress, singer, and producer Sheila Mathews Allen died Friday at her home in Malibu after a battle with pulmonary fibrosis. She was 84. The widow of film and TV producer Irwin Allen appeared in many of her husband’s productions including The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, When Time Ran Out, and Lost In Space. She played Fanny Tatum on The Waltons and appeared in the Evel Knievel pic Viva Knievel! After her husband’s death in 1991, she took over as President of Irwin Allen Productions, overseeing development on features and nonfiction projects based on her husband’s intellectual properties, including Wolfgang Petersen’s 2006 remake Poseidon, for WB.
R.I.P. Sheila Mathews Allen
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Has Decided To Fight For His Survival At Paramount–Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe