Actress, singer, and producer Sheila Mathews Allen died Friday at her home in Malibu after a battle with pulmonary fibrosis. She was 84. The widow of film and TV producer Irwin Allen appeared in many of her husband’s productions including The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, When Time Ran Out, and Lost In Space. She played Fanny Tatum on The Waltons and appeared in the Evel Knievel pic Viva Knievel! After her husband’s death in 1991, she took over as President of Irwin Allen Productions, overseeing development on features and nonfiction projects based on her husband’s intellectual properties, including Wolfgang Petersen’s 2006 remake Poseidon, for WB.
R.I.P. Sheila Mathews Allen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season