Actress, singer, and producer Sheila Mathews Allen died Friday at her home in Malibu after a battle with pulmonary fibrosis. She was 84. The widow of film and TV producer Irwin Allen appeared in many of her husband’s productions including The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants, When Time Ran Out, and Lost In Space. She played Fanny Tatum on The Waltons and appeared in the Evel Knievel pic Viva Knievel! After her husband’s death in 1991, she took over as President of Irwin Allen Productions, overseeing development on features and nonfiction projects based on her husband’s intellectual properties, including Wolfgang Petersen’s 2006 remake Poseidon, for WB.
R.I.P. Sheila Mathews Allen
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest Film News
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio
- Oscars: Female Nominees Tie Record For Most In One Year