The eightysomething casting director whose credits range from Breakfast At Tiffany’s and Combat! to Star Trek: The Motion Picture and General Hospital died today at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Marvin Paige was badly injured in a traffic collision on Laurel Canyon Boulevard last month and never recovered. His casting career spanned six decades and dozens of movies and TV shows, and he knew all of Hollywood’s veteran players and for many was their connection to the biz. Later in his career, Paige became an in-demand celebrity wrangler for Hollywood’s PR firms — organizing screenings, events and celebrations. “Marvin Paige was the go-to guy for wrangling iconic celebrities to be involved with major events,” said publicist Edward Lozzi, who announced Paige’s death. “Either the Academy Awards, Oscar parties, Turner Classic Movies with Robert Osborne — it’s who you called.” Lozzi said Paige was casting a film before his accident and had been working on The Eagle and Badge Gala honoring SAG-AFRTA President Ken Howard. “This is a big loss to the entire Hollywood community,” he said. Plans for a memorial service are pending.
R.I.P. Marvin Paige
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer