The eightysomething casting director whose credits range from Breakfast At Tiffany’s and Combat! to Star Trek: The Motion Picture and General Hospital died today at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Marvin Paige was badly injured in a traffic collision on Laurel Canyon Boulevard last month and never recovered. His casting career spanned six decades and dozens of movies and TV shows, and he knew all of Hollywood’s veteran players and for many was their connection to the biz. Later in his career, Paige became an in-demand celebrity wrangler for Hollywood’s PR firms — organizing screenings, events and celebrations. “Marvin Paige was the go-to guy for wrangling iconic celebrities to be involved with major events,” said publicist Edward Lozzi, who announced Paige’s death. “Either the Academy Awards, Oscar parties, Turner Classic Movies with Robert Osborne — it’s who you called.” Lozzi said Paige was casting a film before his accident and had been working on The Eagle and Badge Gala honoring SAG-AFRTA President Ken Howard. “This is a big loss to the entire Hollywood community,” he said. Plans for a memorial service are pending.
R.I.P. Marvin Paige
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International Box…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday AM…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’