The eightysomething casting director whose credits range from Breakfast At Tiffany’s and Combat! to Star Trek: The Motion Picture and General Hospital died today at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Marvin Paige was badly injured in a traffic collision on Laurel Canyon Boulevard last month and never recovered. His casting career spanned six decades and dozens of movies and TV shows, and he knew all of Hollywood’s veteran players and for many was their connection to the biz. Later in his career, Paige became an in-demand celebrity wrangler for Hollywood’s PR firms — organizing screenings, events and celebrations. “Marvin Paige was the go-to guy for wrangling iconic celebrities to be involved with major events,” said publicist Edward Lozzi, who announced Paige’s death. “Either the Academy Awards, Oscar parties, Turner Classic Movies with Robert Osborne — it’s who you called.” Lozzi said Paige was casting a film before his accident and had been working on The Eagle and Badge Gala honoring SAG-AFRTA President Ken Howard. “This is a big loss to the entire Hollywood community,” he said. Plans for a memorial service are pending.
R.I.P. Marvin Paige
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…