Jane Kean, who starred in a 1960s revival of The Honeymooners, has died. She was 90. Kean had a diverse career that dated back to Vaudeville and continued through this year. She passed away on Tuesday in Burbank after a fall that led to a hemorrhagic stroke, her niece told The Associated Press. Kean first worked with Honeymooners star Jackie Gleason on the Vaudeville circuit and reunited with him in 1966 when she played Trixie Norton on the CBS revival that ran from 1966-1970. She guested on numerous other TV series including Love, American Style, The Love Boat, Dallas and Growing Pains. Her film credits included 1941 muiscal Sailors On Leave and 1977’s Pete’s Dragon. Kean was also known for her voice work, notably as Belle in Mister Magoo’s Christmas Carol, a perennial holiday TV movie. According to the AP, Kean recently performed a one-woman retrospective of her life at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood.
R.I.P. Jane Kean
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'