Jamal Hill’s Brotherly Love is the latest feature from Queen Latifah‘s Flavor Unit shingle (Beauty Shop, Just Wright, The Queen Latifah Show) joining the rapper-turned-filmmaker’s slate of TV and film projects. In West Philadelphia, born-and-raised basketball star Sergio Taylor (Eric D. Hill Jr.) deals with the early pressures of fame. Alongside older brother June (Cory Hardrict), who lost his own hoop dreams to the streets to provide for the family after their father’s death, and sister Jackie (CrazySexyCool‘s Keke Palmer), whose own musical ambitions are sidetracked by love, Sergio faces life-altering decisions on the streets of Philly known as “The Top” and “The Bottom.” Pic, written and directed by Hill, is set against the backdrop of Philadelphia’s famed Overbrook High School, whose real-life alumni include Will Smith and Wilt Chamberlain. Flavor Unit Entertainment, Jacavi Films, and Electric Republic are producing with Queen Latifah, Shakim Compere, Shelby Stone, Yaneley Arty, Jacob York, and Rene Garcia aboard as exec producers. Romeo Miller, Logan Browning, Eric Hill, Quincy Brown, Faizon Love, Macy Gray, and Malik Yoba also star.
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit Sets Philly Drama ‘Brotherly Love’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking