Jason Reitman‘s tale of a reclusive single mom (Kate Winslet) whose young son struggles to be the man of the house will open December 27 for a weeklong Oscar-qualifying run. Labor Day, which debuted at Telluride en route to Toronto, is adapted from Joyce Maynard’s novel and co-stars Josh Brolin as the escaped convict who talks the mother and son into taking him in. Paramount will go wide with the drama on January 31.
Paramount Sets December 27 Bow For ‘Labor Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'