Jason Reitman‘s tale of a reclusive single mom (Kate Winslet) whose young son struggles to be the man of the house will open December 27 for a weeklong Oscar-qualifying run. Labor Day, which debuted at Telluride en route to Toronto, is adapted from Joyce Maynard’s novel and co-stars Josh Brolin as the escaped convict who talks the mother and son into taking him in. Paramount will go wide with the drama on January 31.
Paramount Sets December 27 Bow For ‘Labor Day’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'