Jason Reitman‘s tale of a reclusive single mom (Kate Winslet) whose young son struggles to be the man of the house will open December 27 for a weeklong Oscar-qualifying run. Labor Day, which debuted at Telluride en route to Toronto, is adapted from Joyce Maynard’s novel and co-stars Josh Brolin as the escaped convict who talks the mother and son into taking him in. Paramount will go wide with the drama on January 31.
Paramount Sets December 27 Bow For ‘Labor Day’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'