The news in Hollywood this week was that porno film permits have gone flaccid and are way down, but it looks here like Danish helmer Lars von Trier is keeping the spirit alive with his sex-o-rama drama Nymphomaniac. The film hits Danish screens on Christmas Day, and TrustNordisk has dropped the film’s official — and very bawdy — trailer. The company has been teasing out its campaign which has included a series of short clips, referred to as ‘appetizers’ and which presented some of the film’s key topics of sexuality, religion, philosophy and history. The main course trailer provides more info on Charlotte Gainsbourg’s titular character and offers glimpses of, among others, Stellan Skarsgård, Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Uma Thurman and Willem Dafoe. Magnolia Pictures has U.S. on the movie, but has not yet set a release date. Has there been a movie trailer as sexually graphic as this one? You decide, and you might want to have a cigarette ready for after:
Hot Trailer: Lars von Trier’s ‘Nymphomaniac’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente