Breakout Nick at Nite/NickMom comedy series Instant Mom has been picked up for a 20-episode second season. Additionally, Nickelodeon also has ordered six more episodes for the series’ current first season, bringing its total to 26 episodes. The multi-camera family comedy stars Tia Mowry-Hardrict as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. “In just a couple months since its debut, Instant Mom has resonated remarkably well with the Nick at Nite and NickMom audiences,” said Russell Hicks, Nickelodeon’s President of Content Development and Production. The network has been high on the show from the get-go, ordering 7 additional episodes before its premiere. Instant Mom is posting year over year gains with Adults 18-49 (.31/336K, +15%) and Women 18-49 (.43/237K, +23%) and drawing 1.2 million total viewers per episode, since its September 29 debut. Additionally, the series launch on NickMom that same night was the block’s highest-rated premiere ever with W18-49 and total viewers. The series is executive-produced by Howard Michael Gould and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment.
Nick’s ‘Instant Mom’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016