Breakout Nick at Nite/NickMom comedy series Instant Mom has been picked up for a 20-episode second season. Additionally, Nickelodeon also has ordered six more episodes for the series’ current first season, bringing its total to 26 episodes. The multi-camera family comedy stars Tia Mowry-Hardrict as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. “In just a couple months since its debut, Instant Mom has resonated remarkably well with the Nick at Nite and NickMom audiences,” said Russell Hicks, Nickelodeon’s President of Content Development and Production. The network has been high on the show from the get-go, ordering 7 additional episodes before its premiere. Instant Mom is posting year over year gains with Adults 18-49 (.31/336K, +15%) and Women 18-49 (.43/237K, +23%) and drawing 1.2 million total viewers per episode, since its September 29 debut. Additionally, the series launch on NickMom that same night was the block’s highest-rated premiere ever with W18-49 and total viewers. The series is executive-produced by Howard Michael Gould and Aaron Kaplan of Kapital Entertainment.
Nick’s ‘Instant Mom’ Renewed For Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update