NBC has given a Back 5 order to Sean Saves The World, bringing the first season of the multi-camera comedy starring Sean Hayes to 18 episodes. The move comes as Sean Saves The World posted a 28% ratings gain last night to match a series high (1.4 in adults 18-49) with an original Voice as a lead-in. NBC previously had ordered four additional scripts from the show, created by Victor Fresco. Fresco, Hayes and Todd Milliner executive produce for Hazy Mills and Universal TV. Megan Hilty, Thomas Lennon, Samantha Isler and Linda Lavin co-star. Of NBC’s three freshman comedies to launch this fall, The Michael J. Fox had a 22-episode order from the get-go, Sean Saves The World has received a back order, while Welcome To The Family has been cancelled. Sean joins breakout freshman drama The Blacklist, which also has received a back order, a full-season 22-episode pickup.
NBC’s ‘Sean Saves The World’ Gets Order For Five More Episodes
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'