NBC has given a Back 5 order to Sean Saves The World, bringing the first season of the multi-camera comedy starring Sean Hayes to 18 episodes. The move comes as Sean Saves The World posted a 28% ratings gain last night to match a series high (1.4 in adults 18-49) with an original Voice as a lead-in. NBC previously had ordered four additional scripts from the show, created by Victor Fresco. Fresco, Hayes and Todd Milliner executive produce for Hazy Mills and Universal TV. Megan Hilty, Thomas Lennon, Samantha Isler and Linda Lavin co-star. Of NBC’s three freshman comedies to launch this fall, The Michael J. Fox had a 22-episode order from the get-go, Sean Saves The World has received a back order, while Welcome To The Family has been cancelled. Sean joins breakout freshman drama The Blacklist, which also has received a back order, a full-season 22-episode pickup.
NBC’s ‘Sean Saves The World’ Gets Order For Five More Episodes
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'