NBC has given a Back 5 order to Sean Saves The World, bringing the first season of the multi-camera comedy starring Sean Hayes to 18 episodes. The move comes as Sean Saves The World posted a 28% ratings gain last night to match a series high (1.4 in adults 18-49) with an original Voice as a lead-in. NBC previously had ordered four additional scripts from the show, created by Victor Fresco. Fresco, Hayes and Todd Milliner executive produce for Hazy Mills and Universal TV. Megan Hilty, Thomas Lennon, Samantha Isler and Linda Lavin co-star. Of NBC’s three freshman comedies to launch this fall, The Michael J. Fox had a 22-episode order from the get-go, Sean Saves The World has received a back order, while Welcome To The Family has been cancelled. Sean joins breakout freshman drama The Blacklist, which also has received a back order, a full-season 22-episode pickup.
NBC’s ‘Sean Saves The World’ Gets Order For Five More Episodes
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update