NBC has given a Back 5 order to Sean Saves The World, bringing the first season of the multi-camera comedy starring Sean Hayes to 18 episodes. The move comes as Sean Saves The World posted a 28% ratings gain last night to match a series high (1.4 in adults 18-49) with an original Voice as a lead-in. NBC previously had ordered four additional scripts from the show, created by Victor Fresco. Fresco, Hayes and Todd Milliner executive produce for Hazy Mills and Universal TV. Megan Hilty, Thomas Lennon, Samantha Isler and Linda Lavin co-star. Of NBC’s three freshman comedies to launch this fall, The Michael J. Fox had a 22-episode order from the get-go, Sean Saves The World has received a back order, while Welcome To The Family has been cancelled. Sean joins breakout freshman drama The Blacklist, which also has received a back order, a full-season 22-episode pickup.
NBC’s ‘Sean Saves The World’ Gets Order For Five More Episodes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over