NBC’s reality series Last Comic Standing will return this coming summer for an eighth season with standup Wanda Sykes as executive producer. The utility player, which originally launched in summer 2003, has been quietly shelved and then brought back when needed several times. It first ran three cycles through fall 2004 before getting canned and then ran one cycle each in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010. There is no host for Season 8 yet. Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Prods. will executive for Universal Television through their deal with the studio.
NBC Picks Up Another Season Of ‘Last Comic Standing’ Produced By Wanda Sykes
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'