NBC’s reality series Last Comic Standing will return this coming summer for an eighth season with standup Wanda Sykes as executive producer. The utility player, which originally launched in summer 2003, has been quietly shelved and then brought back when needed several times. It first ran three cycles through fall 2004 before getting canned and then ran one cycle each in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2010. There is no host for Season 8 yet. Sykes and Page Hurwitz of Push It Prods. will executive for Universal Television through their deal with the studio.
NBC Picks Up Another Season Of ‘Last Comic Standing’ Produced By Wanda Sykes
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'