EXCLUSIVE: Upcoming NBC drama series Crisis has gone on an unplanned hiatus. The eight-day (one episode cycle) break started on Friday night after production was wrapped on the fifth episode after the pilot. Insiders describe the reasons for the stoppage as “course correction,” with writers using the time to tweak storylines and work on scripts. There also will be some reshoots done on completed episodes. Along with the pilot for The Blacklist, Crisis, a hostage/political thriller drama starring Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney, tested through the roof in the spring, with the two considered NBC’s strongest drama pilots of last season. There has been concern recently that subsequent episodes were veering from the direction (and promise) of the pilot, which led to the decision to take a break and try to fix that. Additionally, I hear Crisis producer 20th TV is in the process of bringing in senior level writers to support creator Rand Ravich who tends to work with smaller writing staffs, something that proved hard for a complex, serialized drama with multiple storylines like Crisis. Unlike fall series, midseason ones are not on a tight delivery schedule, which has allowed a number of elaborate drama productions to take a temporary shutdown for extra work on storylines and scripts. 20th TV previously did it with Fox’s 24 in the fall of 2008 and on NBC’s Awake two years ago.
NBC Midseason Drama Series ‘Crisis’ Stops Production For “Course Correction”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…