After teaming with Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich for a comedy project at NBC, former MTV boss David Janollari, who developed and put Awkward on the air, has partnered with another key player from the flagship MTV series for an NBC comedy produced by Universal TV where Janollari’s production company David Janollari Entertainment is based. The untitled Erin Ehrlich project, written by Ehrlich, is an ensemble comedy about a group of young 20-something nursing students and the doctors, hospital staff and patents they encounter on their way to becoming full-fledged nurses at St. Genevieve’s Hospital (“Saint G’s”). The show follows their ups and downs as they are just starting out in their careers, and like most young adults, are struggling to figure out who they are, while trying to find love and establish friendships, but with the added pressure of saving lives. Ehrlich exec produces with Janollari. Ehrlich, repped by UTA and Mosaic, spent the past three seasons on Awkward, which she joined after the pilot. She started as co-executive producer and rose to executive producer and creator/showrunner Iungerich’s top lieutenant. Ehrlich also directed several episodes of the hit MTV comedy series.
NBC Buys Hospital Comedy From ‘Awkward’s Erin Ehrlich & David Janollari
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot