Relativity has dated the resilient Natalie Portman-starrer for August 29. Gavin O’Connor was tapped to direct the indie Western following Lynne Ramsay’s controversial exit in March. Brian Duffield penned the screenplay. The film centers on Jane Hammond (Portman), who turns to her former lover Dan Frost (Joel Edgerton) for help in defending her home and husband from the outlaw Bishop Boys gang. Ewan McGregor plays the villainous leader of the gang, a role he took over after Bradley Cooper pulled out. Jane Got A Gun will face off against Universal’s thriller The Loft and Lionsgate’s horror pic Jessabelle.
Natalie Portman’s ‘Jane Got A Gun’ Set For August 29 Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates