Relativity has dated the resilient Natalie Portman-starrer for August 29. Gavin O’Connor was tapped to direct the indie Western following Lynne Ramsay’s controversial exit in March. Brian Duffield penned the screenplay. The film centers on Jane Hammond (Portman), who turns to her former lover Dan Frost (Joel Edgerton) for help in defending her home and husband from the outlaw Bishop Boys gang. Ewan McGregor plays the villainous leader of the gang, a role he took over after Bradley Cooper pulled out. Jane Got A Gun will face off against Universal’s thriller The Loft and Lionsgate’s horror pic Jessabelle.
Natalie Portman’s ‘Jane Got A Gun’ Set For August 29 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…