Relativity has dated the resilient Natalie Portman-starrer for August 29. Gavin O’Connor was tapped to direct the indie Western following Lynne Ramsay’s controversial exit in March. Brian Duffield penned the screenplay. The film centers on Jane Hammond (Portman), who turns to her former lover Dan Frost (Joel Edgerton) for help in defending her home and husband from the outlaw Bishop Boys gang. Ewan McGregor plays the villainous leader of the gang, a role he took over after Bradley Cooper pulled out. Jane Got A Gun will face off against Universal’s thriller The Loft and Lionsgate’s horror pic Jessabelle.
Natalie Portman’s ‘Jane Got A Gun’ Set For August 29 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Revenant’, ‘Martian’ Land New Global Milestones; ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Tops $100M In China – Intl Box…
- Newcomers ‘Regression’, ‘Southbound’ Open Slow Against Oscar Contenders – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters ‘Zombies’, ‘Choice’: Sunday…
- Cannes Film Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux Quells Exit Chatter, But Confirms Offer
- DGA Awards: Inarritu’s Big Win Gives Momentum To ‘Revenant’ But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column