Season 4 of MTV‘s flagship comedy Awkward has not even started production yet but the network has already ordered 10 more episodes, bringing the fourth season of the show to 20 episodes. This marks the first season of Awkward without creator/executive producer/showrunner Lauren Iungerich, who left the series when it wrapped production on Season 3 at the end of June. She was succeeded by Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler as new showrunners. It was likely their outlines for Season 4 combined with the strong ratings performance of Awkward’s Season 3, which is airing its second portion, that prompted MTV to give the early vote of confidence. There is no premiere date for Season 4 set yet.
MTV’s ‘Awkward’ Gets Back 10 Order For Season 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor