EXCLUSIVE: Fox has put in development a single-camera comedy to star Saturday Night Live alumna Molly Shannon. The project, written by Bruce McCulloch, centers on Fiona (Shannon) who, at the top of her professional career, clashes with her stay-at-home pregnant daughter. Shannon and McCulloch previously worked together when he directed her in the 1999 movie Superstar, about Shannon’s popular SNL character. The two recently reunited and sold the comedy pitch to Fox. The project was then laid off at 20th Century Fox TV, which will produce with 3 Arts Entertainment. McCullogh serves as showrunner and is executive producing with 3 Arts’ David Miner and Greg Walter, while Shannon serves as producer. Shannon, repped by UTA and Framework Entertainment, received an Emmy nomination this year for her recurring role on Mike White’s HBO series Enlightened. She is currently in business with Fox and 20th TV, doing an arc on comedy Raising Hope and previously toplined their Mike White series Cracking Up. Also coming up for Shannon is an arc on HBO’s Getting On, a guest spot on ABC’s Super Fun Night, and feature Life After Beth. UTA-repped McCulloch created the 2007 ABC comedy Carpoolers.
Molly Shannon To Topline, Produce Mother- Daughter Comedy For Fox
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke