It’s a November to remember for the nation’s biggest online seller of movie tickets. Fandango said today that this has been the biggest sales month in its 13-year history — 12% better than its previous best set in November 2012. Mobile ticketing was a major factor in the monthly haul as the company’s mobile site and apps making up 42% of tickets sold. Fandango this month has seen a 30% increase in mobile ticket sales year-over-year and 13% jump in monthly visits to the mobile site and apps. The company said sales were led by The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Thor: The Dark World, Frozen, and The Best Man Holiday. The biggest drivers in November 2012 included The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2, Wreck-It Ralph, Skyfall, Lincoln, and Life of Pi.
Mobile Fuels Fandango’s Best Month Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More