Oscar-winner Marisa Tomei will star opposite George Lopez in La Vida Robot, the true tale adapted from a WIRED article about four undocumented Mexican-American teens who form a robotics team in Phoenix. They go up against MIT in the national robots championship with an entry made from $800 and used car parts. Tomei will play a teacher whose belief in the rag tag team helps lead them to success. Lionsgate and Televisa’s Pantelion is producing the pic which Lopez is also producing for his Travieso Productions alongside David Alpert of Circle of Confusion, Rick Jacobs, Leslie Kolins Smith and Ben O’Dell. La Vida Robot is filming now in New Mexico under helmer Sean McNamara. Tomei is repped by CAA.
Marisa Tomei Joins Pantelion’s True Story Robotics Tale ‘La Vida Robot’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency