Oscar-winner Marisa Tomei will star opposite George Lopez in La Vida Robot, the true tale adapted from a WIRED article about four undocumented Mexican-American teens who form a robotics team in Phoenix. They go up against MIT in the national robots championship with an entry made from $800 and used car parts. Tomei will play a teacher whose belief in the rag tag team helps lead them to success. Lionsgate and Televisa’s Pantelion is producing the pic which Lopez is also producing for his Travieso Productions alongside David Alpert of Circle of Confusion, Rick Jacobs, Leslie Kolins Smith and Ben O’Dell. La Vida Robot is filming now in New Mexico under helmer Sean McNamara. Tomei is repped by CAA.
Marisa Tomei Joins Pantelion’s True Story Robotics Tale ‘La Vida Robot’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'