Oscar-winner Marisa Tomei will star opposite George Lopez in La Vida Robot, the true tale adapted from a WIRED article about four undocumented Mexican-American teens who form a robotics team in Phoenix. They go up against MIT in the national robots championship with an entry made from $800 and used car parts. Tomei will play a teacher whose belief in the rag tag team helps lead them to success. Lionsgate and Televisa’s Pantelion is producing the pic which Lopez is also producing for his Travieso Productions alongside David Alpert of Circle of Confusion, Rick Jacobs, Leslie Kolins Smith and Ben O’Dell. La Vida Robot is filming now in New Mexico under helmer Sean McNamara. Tomei is repped by CAA.
Marisa Tomei Joins Pantelion’s True Story Robotics Tale ‘La Vida Robot’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video