The same day mini-major announced that its movies will stream in China, the co-chairman of Lionsgate‘s Motion Picture Group have been tapped to receive the Motion Picture Showmanship Award. The ICG Publicists Guild will honor Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman for their career achievements. “These are two of the nicest guys in the business, and they have an uncanny ability to find the right property and make a success of it,” ICG President Steven Poster said. Lionsgate is in theaters with the Robert Redford starrer All Is Lost and has mega-sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opening November 22. The execs will receive the award February 28 during the 51st annual Publicists Awards Luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
Lionsgate’s Patrick Wachsberger & Rob Friedman Set For Motion Picture Showman Of The Year Award From Publicists Guild
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Rebecca Ferguson Set To Star In ‘The Lady And The Panda’ – AFM
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Josh Stewart & Delroy Lindo Join Michael Winnick’s ‘Malicious’
- Sony Puts Matt Tolmach’s ‘The Bringing’ With Michael Pena Into Turnaround
- STX Entertainment Partners With Toronto Company The Young Astronauts For Digital Content
- ‘Hummingbird’ Spec About Female Black-Ops Assassin Lands At Fundamental Films; ‘Battlefield 1’ Duo…