The same day mini-major announced that its movies will stream in China, the co-chairman of Lionsgate‘s Motion Picture Group have been tapped to receive the Motion Picture Showmanship Award. The ICG Publicists Guild will honor Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman for their career achievements. “These are two of the nicest guys in the business, and they have an uncanny ability to find the right property and make a success of it,” ICG President Steven Poster said. Lionsgate is in theaters with the Robert Redford starrer All Is Lost and has mega-sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opening November 22. The execs will receive the award February 28 during the 51st annual Publicists Awards Luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
Lionsgate’s Patrick Wachsberger & Rob Friedman Set For Motion Picture Showman Of The Year Award From Publicists Guild
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Citing 'Greatest American Hero' Case, Judge Rules 'Three's Company' Parody Doesn't Violate Copyright: Media
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Introduces Distribution Unit To Target Next-Gen Audiences
- Canyon Creek Films Acquires YA Horse Race Novel ‘The Glory’ By Lauren St John
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”