The Kevin Costner football flick will open April 11, a month before the NFL Draft. Lionsgate said today that Draft Day — about the Cleveland Browns GM who tries to save pro football in the city by trading for the No. 1 draft pick — is moving to the date that had been slotted for the mini-major’s supernatural thriller The Quiet Ones, which is moving back two weeks to April 25. Summit and OddLot’s Draft Day, from director Ivan Reitman, will compete against Fox’s toon sequel Rio 2; Open Road’s Arnold Schwarzenegger actioner Sabotage; and The Weinstein Company’s comedy St. Vincent, starring Naomi Watts, Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy. Lionsgate today also moved up Tyler Perry’s Single Moms Club from May 9 to March 14 and pushed its sex-addiction drama Addicted from that date back to September 5. Capping off the spate of announcements, the company set its biopic Cesar Chavez, starring Michael Pena as the labor organizer and civil rights activist, for moderate release on March 28.
Lionsgate Sets ‘Draft Day’ & ‘Cesar Chavez’ For Spring, Shifts Dates On 3 Other Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘Mockingjay’ Rules Roost; ‘Good Dinosaur’ Hatches With $29M; ‘The Martian’ Lands $50M In China – Intl Box…
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance