The Kevin Costner football flick will open April 11, a month before the NFL Draft. Lionsgate said today that Draft Day — about the Cleveland Browns GM who tries to save pro football in the city by trading for the No. 1 draft pick — is moving to the date that had been slotted for the mini-major’s supernatural thriller The Quiet Ones, which is moving back two weeks to April 25. Summit and OddLot’s Draft Day, from director Ivan Reitman, will compete against Fox’s toon sequel Rio 2; Open Road’s Arnold Schwarzenegger actioner Sabotage; and The Weinstein Company’s comedy St. Vincent, starring Naomi Watts, Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy. Lionsgate today also moved up Tyler Perry’s Single Moms Club from May 9 to March 14 and pushed its sex-addiction drama Addicted from that date back to September 5. Capping off the spate of announcements, the company set its biopic Cesar Chavez, starring Michael Pena as the labor organizer and civil rights activist, for moderate release on March 28.
Lionsgate Sets ‘Draft Day’ & ‘Cesar Chavez’ For Spring, Shifts Dates On 3 Other Pics
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest Film News
- James L. Brooks To Receive WGA West’s Laurel Award For Screenwriting
- Saudi Arabia: ‘The Emoji Movie’ & ‘Captain Underpants’ Are First Films To Screen
- Gigi Pritzker & Clint Kisker’s MWM Invests In Ben Proudfoot’s Breakwater Studios
- Deadline’s New Hollywood Podcast: ‘The Greatest Showman’ Breakout Keala Settle Finds Inspiration In Anthemic ‘This Is Me…
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- ‘On Her Shoulders’ Teaser: Alexandria Bombach’s Sundance Docu Reveals Price Of Becoming Voice Of A People