Lionsgate has picked up North American rights to The Angriest Man In Brooklyn, starring Robin Williams as New Yorker Henry Altmann, whose bad day gets worse when he’s told he has just 90 minutes to live. Mila Kunis stars as the doc who scrambles to find Altmann and get him into surgery as he goes on a panicked spree through Brooklyn to right all of the wrongs in his life. Phil Alden Robinson directs from Daniel Taplitz’s script with Melissa Leo, Peter Dinklage, and Hamish Linklater rounding out the cast. Lionsgate is planning a day and date theatrical and VOD release TBA. Landscape Entertainment’s Bob Cooper & Tyler Mitchell produced the film with Daniel J. Walker of Force Majeure. Backing came from MICA Entertainment and Vedette Finance. WME negotiated the deal with Lionsgate. Cargo Entertainment is repping foreign sales.
Lionsgate Acquires Robin Williams-Mila Kunis Pic ‘The Angriest Man In Brooklyn’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions