There will be no third season of Jennifer Love Hewitt‘s Lifetime series The Client List. I hear it was a mutual decision between the network and producer Sony Pictures TV. While the show’s ratings slipped in Season 2 — from 2.7 million for the premiere to 2 million for the finale — I hear the reasons were mainly talent-related. As we reported in June, Lifetime and Sony TV were in a creative standoff with star Hewitt over storylines for a potential third season after the actress, who is an executive producer on the show, had requested that Brian Hallisay, her real-life fiance and father of her baby, also play her character Riley’s baby daddy on the show. I hear the issues eventually became too much for Lifetime and Sony TV, leading to today’s formal cancellation. Helping the decision is the fact that since the end of The Client List‘s second season, Lifetime successfully launched two new series: Devious Maids, which already has been renewed for a second season, and Witches Of East End, which will be. Lifetime also just picked up another season of Drop Dead Diva, which also is produced by Sony and whose ratings were on par with those for Client List, and has several pilots in production including HR starring Alicia Silverstone.
Lifetime’s ‘The Client List’ Cancelled After Two Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- CNN Gun Violence Town Hall Trounces Competition In Early Tally
- ‘Killing Eve’: First Trailer For BBC America Drama Starring Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer
- ‘Safe Harbor’: Josh Randall & Vanessa Vasquez Cast In ABC Drama Pilot
- ‘Harry & Meghan’: Lifetime’s ‘A Royal Romance’ Casts Its Prince William…
- Tiffany Haddish Set To Host 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- ‘The Flash’: Candice Patton Suits Up As Superhero For The First Time