EXCLUSIVE: Following her stint on Dancing With The Stars, Leah Remini is returning to TV comedy with a multi-episode arc on TV Land’s The Exes. The King Of Queens alumna will play Stuart’s (David Alan Basche) sister Nicki — a tough-talking, no-nonsense, stylish and sexy woman from Staten Island whose 17-year marriage ends when she finds out her policeman husband had an affair. Nicki retreats to Manhattan to seek the comfort of her brother, only to find out he’s sharing an apartment with two guys, Phil (Donald Faison) and Haskell (Wayne Knight), and living next door to his divorce attorney Holly (Kristen Johnston). Unable and unwilling to keep her opinions to herself, she turns all their lives upside down as she tries to put her life back together and make a new future for herself in Manhattan. This marks Remini’s return to multi-camera sitcoms six years after her CBS hit, The King Of Queens, ended its run. Since then, she starred in ABC’s single-camera comedy series Family Tools, co-hosted CBS’ The Talk and most recently reached the semifinals on ABC’s Dancing With The Stars. She is repped by APA and Gendler & Kelly. The Exes, coming off its highest-rated season in adults 25-54 this past summer, up 21% in total viewers, returns with new episodes on December 11.
Leah Remini Joins TV Land’s ‘The Exes’ As Recurring
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Latest TV News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA