In early September, NBC News announced that Carson Daly, host of NBC‘s late-night show Last Call and the network’s primetime singing competition The Voice, would be joining Today as a daily contributor. At the same time, Last Call, renewed in April for a 13th season, was slated to begin production but it didn’t, raising speculation about the show’s future. NBC back then stressed that Daly will remain an exec producer on Last Call, which was working on a “transition” plan. That typically is a code name for a quiet cancellation but in this case, Last Call indeed started production in late September, a couple of weeks behind schedule. It quietly started airing originals the last week of October, introducing a new format that still features Daly. Because of his increased workload, he is now only doing “wraparounds,” framing each episode with an opening and a conclusion, while the artist interviews are being done by producers. After testing out the format, it seems to be working for everyone, with NBC planning to keep the show as is, at least for the next few months. (Last Call has scheduled hiatuses for the holidays and the Winter Olympics.) In addition to The Voice, Daly also hosts NBC’s annual New Year’s Eve special.
‘Last Call With Carson Daly’ Carries On With New Format
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday