Scott Free and Bill O’Reilly‘s Killing movies are becoming a formidable franchise for National Geographic Channel. Last night, the second installment in the series, Killing Kennedy, pulled 3.354 million viewers and 1.1 rating in adults 25-54. Killing Kennedy edged the first movie, Killing Lincoln (3.351 million), in total viewers to record NGC’s largest audience in history and tied Killing Lincoln‘s 1.1 25-45 rating, also an all-time record for the channel. In households, Killing Kennedy posted a 2.8 rating, second highest ever behind the documentary Inside 9/11. Additionally, NGC says that #killingkennedy was the No. 1 trending topic in the U.S. during the telecast, with the network’s website experiencing record traffic. “Killing Kennedy demonstrated once again that our constant efforts to expand the type of programming National Geographic Channel presents is paying off,” said NGC President Howard Owens. Killing Kennedy stars Rob Lowe (President Kennedy), Will Rothhaar (Lee Harvey Oswald), with Michelle Trachtenberg (Marina Oswald) and Ginnifer Goodwin (Jackie Kennedy). It was produced by Scott Free Prods and executive producer Ridley Scott, and based on the best-selling book by O’Reilly and Martin Dugard. Production on the third film in the series, Killing Jesus, based on O’Reilly’s latest book, is set to begin in early 2014.
‘Killing Kennedy’ Draws Record Viewership For National Geographic Channel
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot