EXCLUSIVE: Joe Burke and Kevin Oestenstad’s spec script Stolen has found a home with 1984 Private Defense Contractors, the indie production outfit founded by Adi Shankar and Spencer Silna. The script from newcomers Burke and Oestenstad follows a young couple from the city, Josh and Allison, whose short trip turns into a rural nightmare when Allison steps out of a quiet local movie theater to answer her phone and never returns. So much for rewarding polite movie theater etiquette. With only a dying phone and a road map, a panicked Josh runs into dead end after dead end and must choose between abandoning his hunt for the love of his life or fighting the bloody battle that awaits on the gravel road that separates them. It’s a major sale for the duo. Burke, an AFI alumnus who’s directed a number of shorts and brought his first feature Four Dogs to this year’s LA Film Fest, has also directed episodes of Adult Swim‘s Newsreaders and is repped by APA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Stone Meyer & Genow, LLP. Oestenstad wrote, directed, and starred in the Western short Made Bed and has racked up acting credits in film and TV projects including Fox Searchlight’s My Name Is Khan. He’s repped by APA and ESA. Meanwhile, 1984 Private Defense Contractors has amassed a slate of filmmaker-driven action and crime pics in just a few years including Machine Gun Preacher, The Grey, Dredd, Killing Them Softly, and Broken City. The Shankar-EP’ed Lone Survivor, helmed by Peter Berg and starring Mark Wahlberg, premieres tonight at AFI Fest kicking off an awards season run.
Joe Burke & Kevin Oestenstad Sell ‘Stolen’ Spec To Shankar & Silna’s 1984 Private Defense Contractors
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Gets Going With $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency