The Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys will hit the big screen on June 20, 2014, and Live By Night, the next movie written and directed by Ben Affleck, will be released on Christmas Day 2015. Warner Bros made the scheduling announcement today. The new date for the Broadway adaptation is the latest in a long ride for the musical, which was originally at Sony before Graham King signed a multi-year deal with Warners in September 2012 and moved the project over with him. At the time a Christmas 2013 date was penciled in. Now it will be released wide on a date that so far includes Sony/Screen Gems’ sequel Think Like A Man Too. Live By Night is Affleck’s follow-up to Best Picture Oscar winner Argo. Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing. Affleck will also produce and star in the adaptation of epic period crime novel by Dennis Lehane, who also was the author of Affleck’s first directorial effort Gone Baby Gone.
‘Jersey Boys’ And Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’ Get Release Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest