The Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys will hit the big screen on June 20, 2014, and Live By Night, the next movie written and directed by Ben Affleck, will be released on Christmas Day 2015. Warner Bros made the scheduling announcement today. The new date for the Broadway adaptation is the latest in a long ride for the musical, which was originally at Sony before Graham King signed a multi-year deal with Warners in September 2012 and moved the project over with him. At the time a Christmas 2013 date was penciled in. Now it will be released wide on a date that so far includes Sony/Screen Gems’ sequel Think Like A Man Too. Live By Night is Affleck’s follow-up to Best Picture Oscar winner Argo. Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing. Affleck will also produce and star in the adaptation of epic period crime novel by Dennis Lehane, who also was the author of Affleck’s first directorial effort Gone Baby Gone.
‘Jersey Boys’ And Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’ Get Release Dates
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016