The Clint Eastwood-directed Jersey Boys will hit the big screen on June 20, 2014, and Live By Night, the next movie written and directed by Ben Affleck, will be released on Christmas Day 2015. Warner Bros made the scheduling announcement today. The new date for the Broadway adaptation is the latest in a long ride for the musical, which was originally at Sony before Graham King signed a multi-year deal with Warners in September 2012 and moved the project over with him. At the time a Christmas 2013 date was penciled in. Now it will be released wide on a date that so far includes Sony/Screen Gems’ sequel Think Like A Man Too. Live By Night is Affleck’s follow-up to Best Picture Oscar winner Argo. Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing. Affleck will also produce and star in the adaptation of epic period crime novel by Dennis Lehane, who also was the author of Affleck’s first directorial effort Gone Baby Gone.
‘Jersey Boys’ And Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’ Get Release Dates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'