EXCLUSIVE: Javier Bardem has been offered the lead villain role in Pan, the Warner Bros take on the Peter Pan myth based on a Jason Fuchs script. This is the origin story pic based on JM Barrie’s classic tale that we told you earlier in the week has Joe Wright in negotiations to direct. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner, and Sarah Schechter is overseeing for Warners. In Fuchs’ script, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Bardem would play the captain of the bad guys, Blackbeard. If the deal makes, it would ensure another cool baddie hairdo for Bardem, whose scalp also has shown it has range. Cases in point: He won an Oscar for his crazed killer in No Country For Old Men, played the tortured villain in Skyfall and most recently in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor. He’s repped by WME.
Warner Bros Chasing Javier Bardem For Blackbeard Role in ‘Pan’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts