EXCLUSIVE: Javier Bardem has been offered the lead villain role in Pan, the Warner Bros take on the Peter Pan myth based on a Jason Fuchs script. This is the origin story pic based on JM Barrie’s classic tale that we told you earlier in the week has Joe Wright in negotiations to direct. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner, and Sarah Schechter is overseeing for Warners. In Fuchs’ script, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Bardem would play the captain of the bad guys, Blackbeard. If the deal makes, it would ensure another cool baddie hairdo for Bardem, whose scalp also has shown it has range. Cases in point: He won an Oscar for his crazed killer in No Country For Old Men, played the tortured villain in Skyfall and most recently in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor. He’s repped by WME.
Warner Bros Chasing Javier Bardem For Blackbeard Role in ‘Pan’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start