EXCLUSIVE: Javier Bardem has been offered the lead villain role in Pan, the Warner Bros take on the Peter Pan myth based on a Jason Fuchs script. This is the origin story pic based on JM Barrie’s classic tale that we told you earlier in the week has Joe Wright in negotiations to direct. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner, and Sarah Schechter is overseeing for Warners. In Fuchs’ script, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Bardem would play the captain of the bad guys, Blackbeard. If the deal makes, it would ensure another cool baddie hairdo for Bardem, whose scalp also has shown it has range. Cases in point: He won an Oscar for his crazed killer in No Country For Old Men, played the tortured villain in Skyfall and most recently in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor. He’s repped by WME.
Warner Bros Chasing Javier Bardem For Blackbeard Role in ‘Pan’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch