EXCLUSIVE: Javier Bardem has been offered the lead villain role in Pan, the Warner Bros take on the Peter Pan myth based on a Jason Fuchs script. This is the origin story pic based on JM Barrie’s classic tale that we told you earlier in the week has Joe Wright in negotiations to direct. Greg Berlanti is producing under his Berlanti Productions banner, and Sarah Schechter is overseeing for Warners. In Fuchs’ script, an orphan is taken to the magical world of Neverland, where he becomes the savior of the natives and leads a rebellion against evil pirates. Bardem would play the captain of the bad guys, Blackbeard. If the deal makes, it would ensure another cool baddie hairdo for Bardem, whose scalp also has shown it has range. Cases in point: He won an Oscar for his crazed killer in No Country For Old Men, played the tortured villain in Skyfall and most recently in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor. He’s repped by WME.
Warner Bros Chasing Javier Bardem For Blackbeard Role in ‘Pan’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation