EXCLUSIVE: Jan Nash is joining TNT‘s flagship drama series Rizzoli & Isles as executive producer/showrunner. She will succeed creator/executive producer Janet Tamaro, who stepped down as showrunner in September, right after the series wrapped production on Season 4. One of the first orders of business for Nash and her writing team will be dealing with the death of Rizzoli & Isles co-star Lee Thompson Young, who committed suicide in August during the filming of the second-to-last episode of Season 4. His death was not addressed in the final episodes of Season 4 and will be dealt with at the opening of Season 5. Rizzoli & Isles is TNT’s No. 1 show of all time and the No. 2 scripted series in the history of ad-supported cable television, behind only AMC’s The Walking Dead. The series reunites Nash with Warner Bros TV and its cable division Warner Horizon. She previously worked with the studio on another TNT drama series, Memphis Beat, as well as CBS procedural Without A Trace. Nash, repped by WME, started her career on the ABC comedy Ellen.
Jan Nash Set As ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better