EXCLUSIVE: Jan Nash is joining TNT‘s flagship drama series Rizzoli & Isles as executive producer/showrunner. She will succeed creator/executive producer Janet Tamaro, who stepped down as showrunner in September, right after the series wrapped production on Season 4. One of the first orders of business for Nash and her writing team will be dealing with the death of Rizzoli & Isles co-star Lee Thompson Young, who committed suicide in August during the filming of the second-to-last episode of Season 4. His death was not addressed in the final episodes of Season 4 and will be dealt with at the opening of Season 5. Rizzoli & Isles is TNT’s No. 1 show of all time and the No. 2 scripted series in the history of ad-supported cable television, behind only AMC’s The Walking Dead. The series reunites Nash with Warner Bros TV and its cable division Warner Horizon. She previously worked with the studio on another TNT drama series, Memphis Beat, as well as CBS procedural Without A Trace. Nash, repped by WME, started her career on the ABC comedy Ellen.
Jan Nash Set As ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ Showrunner
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup