Wall Street says it is shortly after the social media company went public this morning. Twitter’s valued at $24.6B with its stock price hovering around $46 a share. That makes it less valuable than Discovery Communications ($30.2B) — but more valuable than Dish Network ($22.3B), SiriusXM ($22.2B), and Netflix ($19.5B). It’s also way ahead of big names in traditional media including Liberty ($18.5B), Sony ($17.2B), and News Corp ($10.0B). Investors still put a higher value on new media companies including Yahoo ($34.6B) and Facebook ($117.3B). Twitter’s valuation is already too rich for Pivotal Research Group’s Brian Wieser — who appears to have been the first analyst to downgrade the company to “sell” from “buy” today based on the 75%+ jump in its price following the IPO at $26 a share. “Twitter is simply too expensive” after it passed the high 30s, he says.
Is Twitter More Valuable Than Dish Network, SiriusXM, Or Netflix?
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest Business News
- Cineworld Boss Moshe ‘Mooky’ Greidinger On What’s Next For Regal Cinemas, MoviePass, PVOD & Netflix…
- Stormy Daniels’ Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity “Far More Extensive” Than People Believe
- ‘Harry Potter And The Cursed Child’ Review: Broadway’s Perfectly Enchanted Evening (Or Two)
- Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She’s “Passionately Against Discrimination”
- Tencent Music Explores Anticipated Huge IPO For Its Streaming Music Service
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network