Insidious: Chapter 2 opened to a record-setting $41M in September, and now we know when the next installment of the franchise will arrive. With FilmDistrict — which released 2010’s Insidious and the sequel — having been absorbed into Focus Features, the latter will distribute Insidious: Chapter 3, and Focus said today that the threequel’s reign of terror will begin on April 3, 2015. It’ll open that weekend against Passengers, the Weinstein Co’s Keanu Reeves-Rachel McAdams sci-fi pic. Insidious regular and Saw alum Leigh Whannell is back to pen the script for Round 3, but no director has been set. Regular Whannell collaborator James Wan, who helm the first two Insidious pics, is working on Fast & Furious 7. Jason Blum will produce Chapter 3 for Blumhouse Productions with Oren Peli. Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Peter Schlessel, Lia Buman and Xavier Marchand are exec producing.
‘Insidious: Chapter 3′ Gets Spring 2015 Release From Focus Features
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way