Insidious: Chapter 2 opened to a record-setting $41M in September, and now we know when the next installment of the franchise will arrive. With FilmDistrict — which released 2010’s Insidious and the sequel — having been absorbed into Focus Features, the latter will distribute Insidious: Chapter 3, and Focus said today that the threequel’s reign of terror will begin on April 3, 2015. It’ll open that weekend against Passengers, the Weinstein Co’s Keanu Reeves-Rachel McAdams sci-fi pic. Insidious regular and Saw alum Leigh Whannell is back to pen the script for Round 3, but no director has been set. Regular Whannell collaborator James Wan, who helm the first two Insidious pics, is working on Fast & Furious 7. Jason Blum will produce Chapter 3 for Blumhouse Productions with Oren Peli. Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Peter Schlessel, Lia Buman and Xavier Marchand are exec producing.
‘Insidious: Chapter 3′ Gets Spring 2015 Release From Focus Features
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE