Insidious: Chapter 2 opened to a record-setting $41M in September, and now we know when the next installment of the franchise will arrive. With FilmDistrict — which released 2010’s Insidious and the sequel — having been absorbed into Focus Features, the latter will distribute Insidious: Chapter 3, and Focus said today that the threequel’s reign of terror will begin on April 3, 2015. It’ll open that weekend against Passengers, the Weinstein Co’s Keanu Reeves-Rachel McAdams sci-fi pic. Insidious regular and Saw alum Leigh Whannell is back to pen the script for Round 3, but no director has been set. Regular Whannell collaborator James Wan, who helm the first two Insidious pics, is working on Fast & Furious 7. Jason Blum will produce Chapter 3 for Blumhouse Productions with Oren Peli. Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Peter Schlessel, Lia Buman and Xavier Marchand are exec producing.
‘Insidious: Chapter 3′ Gets Spring 2015 Release From Focus Features
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features