Insidious: Chapter 2 opened to a record-setting $41M in September, and now we know when the next installment of the franchise will arrive. With FilmDistrict — which released 2010’s Insidious and the sequel — having been absorbed into Focus Features, the latter will distribute Insidious: Chapter 3, and Focus said today that the threequel’s reign of terror will begin on April 3, 2015. It’ll open that weekend against Passengers, the Weinstein Co’s Keanu Reeves-Rachel McAdams sci-fi pic. Insidious regular and Saw alum Leigh Whannell is back to pen the script for Round 3, but no director has been set. Regular Whannell collaborator James Wan, who helm the first two Insidious pics, is working on Fast & Furious 7. Jason Blum will produce Chapter 3 for Blumhouse Productions with Oren Peli. Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Peter Schlessel, Lia Buman and Xavier Marchand are exec producing.
‘Insidious: Chapter 3’ Gets Spring 2015 Release From Focus Features
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…