Gregg Kinnear stars as a small-town pastor whose 4-year-old son (Connor Corum) nearly dies during an emergency appendectomy. As young Colton recovers, he tells his family that he went to heaven. The plot thickens when the boy begins to give details about a miscarried sister and his long-dead grandpa that he couldn’t possibly have known about. Kelly Riley plays the mom in Heaven Is For Real, and Margo Martindale and Thomas Haden Church co-star. The film, based on Todd Burpo’s bestseller Heaven Is For Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip To Heaven And Back, is directed by Randall Wallace, who wrote the script with Christopher Parker. It was produced by Joe Roth and T.D. Jakes and exec produced by Sue Baden-Powell, Sam Mercer and Derrick Williams. Sony releases the faith-based drama April 16, the Wednesday before Easter. Here’s the first trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Heaven Is For Real’
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest Film News
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…