EXCLUSIVE: Here’s the first subtitled trailer for Jalil Lespert’s Yves Saint Laurent. Pierre Niney plays the titular designer who burst on the scene at Dior in 1958 and went on to create one of the most enduring brands in fashion and luxury. Guillaume Gallienne plays YSL’s lifelong partner Pierre Bergé. The Weinstein Co picked up the film in March and is planning a 2014 release. Produced by France’s Wy Productions, Yves Saint Laurent is one of two competing biopics of the legendary fashion icon. The other is Saint Laurent and hails from EuropaCorp. That film has a French release set for May 2014 while the film below is around the corner on January 8th. SND is handling Yves Saint Laurent internationally and has closed several other deals including with eOne for the UK, Canada and Australia. At the AFM this week, SND will show the first footage to buyers and look to seal further territories.
Hot AFM Trailer: ‘Yves Saint Laurent’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter