EXCLUSIVE: Here’s the first subtitled trailer for Jalil Lespert’s Yves Saint Laurent. Pierre Niney plays the titular designer who burst on the scene at Dior in 1958 and went on to create one of the most enduring brands in fashion and luxury. Guillaume Gallienne plays YSL’s lifelong partner Pierre Bergé. The Weinstein Co picked up the film in March and is planning a 2014 release. Produced by France’s Wy Productions, Yves Saint Laurent is one of two competing biopics of the legendary fashion icon. The other is Saint Laurent and hails from EuropaCorp. That film has a French release set for May 2014 while the film below is around the corner on January 8th. SND is handling Yves Saint Laurent internationally and has closed several other deals including with eOne for the UK, Canada and Australia. At the AFM this week, SND will show the first footage to buyers and look to seal further territories.
Hot AFM Trailer: ‘Yves Saint Laurent’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine