EXCLUSIVE: Here’s the first subtitled trailer for Jalil Lespert’s Yves Saint Laurent. Pierre Niney plays the titular designer who burst on the scene at Dior in 1958 and went on to create one of the most enduring brands in fashion and luxury. Guillaume Gallienne plays YSL’s lifelong partner Pierre Bergé. The Weinstein Co picked up the film in March and is planning a 2014 release. Produced by France’s Wy Productions, Yves Saint Laurent is one of two competing biopics of the legendary fashion icon. The other is Saint Laurent and hails from EuropaCorp. That film has a French release set for May 2014 while the film below is around the corner on January 8th. SND is handling Yves Saint Laurent internationally and has closed several other deals including with eOne for the UK, Canada and Australia. At the AFM this week, SND will show the first footage to buyers and look to seal further territories.
Hot AFM Trailer: ‘Yves Saint Laurent’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Tartaglione
- Ken Loach Calls For Cultural Boycott Of Israel, Labels U.S. A “Bully”: Reports
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies