EXCLUSIVE: Here’s the first subtitled trailer for Jalil Lespert’s Yves Saint Laurent. Pierre Niney plays the titular designer who burst on the scene at Dior in 1958 and went on to create one of the most enduring brands in fashion and luxury. Guillaume Gallienne plays YSL’s lifelong partner Pierre Bergé. The Weinstein Co picked up the film in March and is planning a 2014 release. Produced by France’s Wy Productions, Yves Saint Laurent is one of two competing biopics of the legendary fashion icon. The other is Saint Laurent and hails from EuropaCorp. That film has a French release set for May 2014 while the film below is around the corner on January 8th. SND is handling Yves Saint Laurent internationally and has closed several other deals including with eOne for the UK, Canada and Australia. At the AFM this week, SND will show the first footage to buyers and look to seal further territories.
Hot AFM Trailer: ‘Yves Saint Laurent’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office