Screenwriting team and Hemlock Grove creators Brian McGreevy and Lee Shipman and their producing partner Michael Connolly are teaming with novelist Philipp Meyer to write and executive produce his novel The Son as a limited series under Shipman, McGreevy and Connolly’s newly minted production banner, ShineBox SMC. The Son is a multi-generational epic telling the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire. In addition to Meyer’s novel, ShineBox SMC also has acquired the rights to Domenica Ruta’s New York Time’s bestselling memoir With Or Without You, and journalist Wil Hylton’s military blockbuster, Vanished. Netflix‘s Hemlock Grove, produced by Gaumont International TV, is currently filming Season 2.
‘Hemlock Grove’ Creators Developing Texas Oil Saga ‘The Son’ As Limited Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates