Screenwriting team and Hemlock Grove creators Brian McGreevy and Lee Shipman and their producing partner Michael Connolly are teaming with novelist Philipp Meyer to write and executive produce his novel The Son as a limited series under Shipman, McGreevy and Connolly’s newly minted production banner, ShineBox SMC. The Son is a multi-generational epic telling the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire. In addition to Meyer’s novel, ShineBox SMC also has acquired the rights to Domenica Ruta’s New York Time’s bestselling memoir With Or Without You, and journalist Wil Hylton’s military blockbuster, Vanished. Netflix‘s Hemlock Grove, produced by Gaumont International TV, is currently filming Season 2.
‘Hemlock Grove’ Creators Developing Texas Oil Saga ‘The Son’ As Limited Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast