Screenwriting team and Hemlock Grove creators Brian McGreevy and Lee Shipman and their producing partner Michael Connolly are teaming with novelist Philipp Meyer to write and executive produce his novel The Son as a limited series under Shipman, McGreevy and Connolly’s newly minted production banner, ShineBox SMC. The Son is a multi-generational epic telling the story of America’s birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire. In addition to Meyer’s novel, ShineBox SMC also has acquired the rights to Domenica Ruta’s New York Time’s bestselling memoir With Or Without You, and journalist Wil Hylton’s military blockbuster, Vanished. Netflix‘s Hemlock Grove, produced by Gaumont International TV, is currently filming Season 2.
‘Hemlock Grove’ Creators Developing Texas Oil Saga ‘The Son’ As Limited Series
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'