HBO’s flagship drama Game Of Thrones won’t extend its streak of two consecutive WGA Awards nominations in the best drama series category due to a submission issue. “As a result of an inadvertent online entry error HBO’s Game of Thrones was not entered in the WGA Awards Drama Series category,” the network said in a statement to Deadline. “The series’ episodic entries were not affected.” Since the submission process is online, it is not clear whether the omission was a result of a computer glitch or human error. I hear HBO tried hard to rectify the problem the moment it was discovered, but WGA would not add the show to the top drama category it had been competing in since it launch. In addition to two best drama series WGA Award nominations the last two years, GOT also landed a WGA nom for best series in 2012.
HBO’s ‘Game Of Thrones’ Won’t Compete In 2014 WGA Awards Drama Series Category
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'