EXCLUSIVE: Ass Backwards duo Casey Wilson and June Diane Raphael have sold a feature pitch to Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Gary Sanchez Productions, which the writer-actresses will script as a starring vehicle for themselves. Ferrell, McKay, and Jessica Elbaum are set to produce the new project for Gary Sanchez. Plot details are being kept under wraps but the pitch is an original story from Raphael and Wilson, who co-wrote the Kate Hudson-Anne Hathaway comedy Bride Wars and collaborated on Sundance 2012 entry Ass Backwards. The latter, a buddy road trip pic starring Raphael and Wilson as a pair of lovable loser BFFs, is currently in limited release (check out the trailer here). Meanwhile, Raphael and Wilson have been busy. In addition to selling two half-hour projects to NBC via ABC Studios and ABC after inking a script deal with ABC in August, Raphael is shooting New Regency’s Business Trip opposite Vince Vaughn and will turn up in Paramount’s Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. She’s repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment, and Ziffren Brittenham. Wilson, a client of UTA, Odenkirk Provissiero, and Ziffren Brittenham, most recently appeared in Happy Endings and will be seen in David Fincher’s upcoming Gone Girl.
Gary Sanchez Springs For June Diane Raphael & Casey Wilson Feature Pitch
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared’ Trailer: Centenarians Rule
- UTA Lands Chris Pratt: ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ Star Moves From CAA With Longtime Agents
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Producer Film Allman Contests Safety Citation In Court
- ‘Apostle Paul’ With Hugh Jackman Sainted By Warner Bros.
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Trailer: Tom Hardy In High Gear Across The Wasteland