After a two-month rocky run on FXX, the upstart cable network has pulled the plug on its late-night program Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell. Its last original will air tomorrow night. FXX will continue to air repeats of the show for the rest of the week with Sunday’s best of the week “Mixtape” airing to feature new intros from Bell. Even before today’s news, Totally Biased was scheduled to go on hiatus after this week. As I pointed out in my post The Mystery Of ‘Totally Biased’s Vanishing Audience two weeks ago, the show has had a very rough sledding in its transition from FX to FXX, drawing something like 12,000 total viewers, 4,000 adults 18-49, 3,000 adults 18-34 and 0 adults 18-24 at 11 PM on nights where FXX doesn’t have originals in primetime. While a dropoff in moving to FXX, which is carried in 26 million fewer homes than flagship FX, was expected, those public access program-level numbers were puzzling as Totally Biased was a solid and pretty stable ratings performer on FX. Totally Biased performed better on Wednesdays, following original series It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia and The League, drawing an average of 110,000 total viewers, 92,000 adults 18-49 and 64,000 adults 18-34. Still, that was less than a third of the show’s audience on FX in the final leg of its first season (372,000) and half or less of Totally Biased‘s 18-49 (236,000) and 18-34 (127,000) Season 1D averages. While Totally Biased, executive produced by Chris Rock, was well received and liked by FX brass, the low ratings raised the alarm about a looming cancellation.
FXX’s ‘Totally Biased’ Cancelled, Last Show To Air Tomorrow
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President
- Bill O’Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: “This Was A Hit Job”…
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television