Sacha Baron Cohen is dusting off his first famous alter ego, Ali G, in Ali G: Rezurection. The show, which will premiere on comedy-centric FXX early next year, includes every episode of HBO’s Da Ali G Show with new, original introductions starring Baron Cohen, along with the first 6 episodes of the British Da Ali G Show that never aired on American television and The Best of Ali G. Ali G: Rezurection is part of a first-look deal Baron Cohen’s production company, Four By Two, has signed with FX Prods. Da Ali G Show debuted on Channel 4 in the U.K. in 2003 as a spinoff from the network’s popular The 11 O’clock Show where the character originated. The first six-episode season aired on Channel 4, after which the show was picked up by HBO for 12 more U.S.-centric episodes. Alongside the eponymous Ali G, Da Ali G Show also features the Borat and Bruno characters. All three went on to headline feature films. In addition to the Ali G episodes, FXX will air all of the Ali G segments and vignettes from The 11 O’clock Show. Baron Cohen is repped by WME and Ziffren, Brittenham.
FXP Inks First-Look Deal With Sacha Baron Cohen, FXX Orders ‘Ali G: Rezurection’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate