FX has put in development Texts From Bennett, a half-hour comedy from Wilfred director/executive producer Randall Einhorn. This marks Einhorn’s first project under his overall deal with FX Prods. The project is based on the book by Mac Lethal about the peculiar white ghetto sensibility of his cousin Bennett’s texts. It centers on rapper Mac Lethal, who has a problem: his cousin Bennett, a 17-year-old white kid who claims to be 13% black Crip, enjoys a more-than-recreational level of drug use and can’t keep a job. When Bennett and his pill-popping mom lose their house, Mac offers to let them stay with him and his WASPy girlfriend Harper at his lovely suburban Kansas City home. A search is underway for a writer to adapt the book. Einhorn, repped by WME, Odenkirk Provissiero and Michael Schenkman, most recently directed/exec produced FX’s comedy pilot Death Pact starring Tracy Morgan.
FX Buys Odd Couple Comedy From Randall Einhorn
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Aaron Paul Starts Production Company, Inks First Look Deal With Sony TV
- 'Emerald City' Not Going Forward At NBC
- 'Bates Motel's Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah