FX has put in development Texts From Bennett, a half-hour comedy from Wilfred director/executive producer Randall Einhorn. This marks Einhorn’s first project under his overall deal with FX Prods. The project is based on the book by Mac Lethal about the peculiar white ghetto sensibility of his cousin Bennett’s texts. It centers on rapper Mac Lethal, who has a problem: his cousin Bennett, a 17-year-old white kid who claims to be 13% black Crip, enjoys a more-than-recreational level of drug use and can’t keep a job. When Bennett and his pill-popping mom lose their house, Mac offers to let them stay with him and his WASPy girlfriend Harper at his lovely suburban Kansas City home. A search is underway for a writer to adapt the book. Einhorn, repped by WME, Odenkirk Provissiero and Michael Schenkman, most recently directed/exec produced FX’s comedy pilot Death Pact starring Tracy Morgan.
FX Buys Odd Couple Comedy From Randall Einhorn
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'