FX has put in development Texts From Bennett, a half-hour comedy from Wilfred director/executive producer Randall Einhorn. This marks Einhorn’s first project under his overall deal with FX Prods. The project is based on the book by Mac Lethal about the peculiar white ghetto sensibility of his cousin Bennett’s texts. It centers on rapper Mac Lethal, who has a problem: his cousin Bennett, a 17-year-old white kid who claims to be 13% black Crip, enjoys a more-than-recreational level of drug use and can’t keep a job. When Bennett and his pill-popping mom lose their house, Mac offers to let them stay with him and his WASPy girlfriend Harper at his lovely suburban Kansas City home. A search is underway for a writer to adapt the book. Einhorn, repped by WME, Odenkirk Provissiero and Michael Schenkman, most recently directed/exec produced FX’s comedy pilot Death Pact starring Tracy Morgan.
FX Buys Odd Couple Comedy From Randall Einhorn
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring