FX has put in development Texts From Bennett, a half-hour comedy from Wilfred director/executive producer Randall Einhorn. This marks Einhorn’s first project under his overall deal with FX Prods. The project is based on the book by Mac Lethal about the peculiar white ghetto sensibility of his cousin Bennett’s texts. It centers on rapper Mac Lethal, who has a problem: his cousin Bennett, a 17-year-old white kid who claims to be 13% black Crip, enjoys a more-than-recreational level of drug use and can’t keep a job. When Bennett and his pill-popping mom lose their house, Mac offers to let them stay with him and his WASPy girlfriend Harper at his lovely suburban Kansas City home. A search is underway for a writer to adapt the book. Einhorn, repped by WME, Odenkirk Provissiero and Michael Schenkman, most recently directed/exec produced FX’s comedy pilot Death Pact starring Tracy Morgan.
FX Buys Odd Couple Comedy From Randall Einhorn
What's Hot on Deadline
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks