EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, Fox has bought a drama pitch from Eureka co-creator Jaime Paglia and former Fox comedy executive-turned-producer Marcus Wiley through Wiley’s first-look deal at the network. Based on an idea by Paglia and his producing partner James Middleton (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Pomona Kings is the saga of two rival families, one white and one Latino, who vie for power and prestige in the world of custom car shops and drag racing in Southern California. Told through the star-crossed romance of the prodigal son and drag-racing daughter of the warring family patriarchs, they must navigate a world of rival gangs, car theft rings, gambling and corruption, to escape their humble beginnings and make a future of their own. Paglia, Middleton and Wiley executive produce. Wiley, repped by Matt Johnson and Wendy Kirk, has sold several projects in his first development season as a producer, including a comedy from Greg Malins at Fox. Paglia and Middleton are with Paradigm, the Gotham Group, and attorney Ron Levin.
Fox Buys Romeo & Juliet Drag Racing Drama From Jaime Paglia And Marcus Wiley
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’