EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, Fox has bought a drama pitch from Eureka co-creator Jaime Paglia and former Fox comedy executive-turned-producer Marcus Wiley through Wiley’s first-look deal at the network. Based on an idea by Paglia and his producing partner James Middleton (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Pomona Kings is the saga of two rival families, one white and one Latino, who vie for power and prestige in the world of custom car shops and drag racing in Southern California. Told through the star-crossed romance of the prodigal son and drag-racing daughter of the warring family patriarchs, they must navigate a world of rival gangs, car theft rings, gambling and corruption, to escape their humble beginnings and make a future of their own. Paglia, Middleton and Wiley executive produce. Wiley, repped by Matt Johnson and Wendy Kirk, has sold several projects in his first development season as a producer, including a comedy from Greg Malins at Fox. Paglia and Middleton are with Paradigm, the Gotham Group, and attorney Ron Levin.
Fox Buys Romeo & Juliet Drag Racing Drama From Jaime Paglia And Marcus Wiley
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot