Fox has put in development Three The Hard Way, a comedy inspired by NBA superstar Dwyane Wade and his bestselling book A Father First, in which Wade reflects on being a father to two boys. Written by Ben Watkins (Burn Notice), the Fox project, from Sony Pictures TV, centers on NBA superstar Daryl Wade and his entourage of eccentric friends as they find themselves parenting by committee when he gets full custody of his two young sons. The premise draws parallels to the 2011 Fox comedy pilot Council Of Dads starring Kyle Bornheimer. Watkins and Wade are executive producing Three The Hard Way with Mike Tollin of Mandalay Sports Media and Justin Lin, Danielle Woodrow, and Troy Craig Poon through Lin’s Perfect Storm Entertainment. The project was originally set up at Fox by Wade and Tollin earlier this year. Lin joined in June drawn by his love for basketball and his own experience raising a young son. Tollin then brought in Watkins, with whom he has a long-standing relationship, as writer. This marks father-of-four Watkins’ return to comedy writing. Three The Hard Way also marks the first television development project for Wade’s ZZ Prods. He is repped by CAA and L. Londell McMillan. Watkins is with CAA and David Matlof; Tollin with CAA and Jared Levine; Perfect Storm with CAA and Jackie Eckhouse.
Fox Buys Dwyane Wade Comedy From Mike Tollin & Justin Lin
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Levine To Produce Autobiographical 1990s Family Comedy For NBC
- Ted Gold Joins Spike TV As Head Of Scripted Series
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'