Fox has put in development Three The Hard Way, a comedy inspired by NBA superstar Dwyane Wade and his bestselling book A Father First, in which Wade reflects on being a father to two boys. Written by Ben Watkins (Burn Notice), the Fox project, from Sony Pictures TV, centers on NBA superstar Daryl Wade and his entourage of eccentric friends as they find themselves parenting by committee when he gets full custody of his two young sons. The premise draws parallels to the 2011 Fox comedy pilot Council Of Dads starring Kyle Bornheimer. Watkins and Wade are executive producing Three The Hard Way with Mike Tollin of Mandalay Sports Media and Justin Lin, Danielle Woodrow, and Troy Craig Poon through Lin’s Perfect Storm Entertainment. The project was originally set up at Fox by Wade and Tollin earlier this year. Lin joined in June drawn by his love for basketball and his own experience raising a young son. Tollin then brought in Watkins, with whom he has a long-standing relationship, as writer. This marks father-of-four Watkins’ return to comedy writing. Three The Hard Way also marks the first television development project for Wade’s ZZ Prods. He is repped by CAA and L. Londell McMillan. Watkins is with CAA and David Matlof; Tollin with CAA and Jared Levine; Perfect Storm with CAA and Jackie Eckhouse.
Fox Buys Dwyane Wade Comedy From Mike Tollin & Justin Lin
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'