EXCLUSIVE: Fox has put in development Wunderland, a workplace comedy written by Amanda Lund and Matt Gourley, with Diablo Cody supervising and Jack Black’s Electric Dynamite producing for 20th Century Fox TV. Co-created by Lund and Gourley, Wunderland explores the minutiae behind the scenes of America’s most beloved (fictional) theme park. The project is inspired by the couple’s years working at multiple theme parks, where Lund played an array of beloved princesses. Cody, a self-professed rabid theme park enthusiast and roller coaster expert, is executive producing with Electric Dynamite’s Black and Priyanka Mattoo. This marks a reunion for Lund and Electric Dynamite, who collaborated on the well-received web series Ghost Ghirls, which Lund co-created and stars in. Lund is repped by WME and 3 Arts. Writer-performer Gourley created the podcast Superego. Cody, repped by WME, MXN Entertainment, and McKuin, Frankel, Whitehead, is currently developing her TBS talk show pilot My Time With Diablo Cody and has teen drama project Prodigy at Fox with Fake Empire. On the feature side, the Oscar-winning writer recently made her directorial debut with Paradise, which she also wrote. Electric Dynamite is repped by WME and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.
Fox Buys Comedy From Amanda Lund, Matt Gourley, Jack Black & Diablo Cody
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kaplan Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV