While he is under contract to Disney until next year, it looks like producer Jerry Bruckheimer‘s next home is going to be either Warner Bros or Paramount. Both studios are vying hard for the producer to come to their lot and ramp up tent poles, and a decision is coming soon. His exit from Disney came after the pricey disappointment The Lone Ranger. While that left a bitter taste, you can’t argue that Bruckheimer is one of the few brand names in the non-writing producer category. When he takes a big swing and connects, the result often leads to franchises that are such high commodities these days. At Disney, these included Pirates Of The Caribbean, and National Treasure. His deal is about the most expensive in the business, with generous overhead, 7-figure producing fees and gross. Bruckheimer already has his TV deal at Warner Bros, and that studio could use a guy like Bruckheimer as it carves out its new identity under Greg Silverman and Sue Kroll, in the wake of the exit of Jeff Robinov and Thomas Tull’s Legendary Pictures. Paramount has the prolific Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian, but could also use another event film generator. And of course, Bruckheimer and his late former partner Don Simpson had an illustrious run at that studio long ago. Stay tuned.
For Jerry Bruckheimer, Is Next Stop Paramount Or Warner Bros?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's NFL Tweets Don't Speak For All "Conservative, Old White Men" - Tribeca TV Festival
Latest Film News
- Voltage Bests Director In Battle Over Mel Gibson’s ‘The Professor & The Madman’
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Trailer: The Gladers Have One Last Life-Threatening Labyrinth Adventure
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; ‘It’ Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW – International…
- ‘Victoria And Abdul’ Reigns With Top PTA; ‘Stronger’ & ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Solid – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Shares “Dangerous And Desperate” Photos From Han Solo Movie Set
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…