When Sherlock was filming its third series earlier this year, producer Sue Vertue pleaded with fans not to post about the show’s daily locations. She made the move after pictures of stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman started popping up on the internet, leading to potential spoilers. Now, the BBC has released its own first official photo. Sherlock returns to U.S. television on January 19th in the 10 PM slot following Downton Abbey, PBS said last month. The BBC has not released its start date for the next three-episode installment of the crime series, but will air ahead of the U.S. The episodes promise to answer how Sherlock faked his own death in series 2 ender The Reichenbach Fall, and, how John Watson will take the news:
First Official Photo: ‘Sherlock’ Season 3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group