When Sherlock was filming its third series earlier this year, producer Sue Vertue pleaded with fans not to post about the show’s daily locations. She made the move after pictures of stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman started popping up on the internet, leading to potential spoilers. Now, the BBC has released its own first official photo. Sherlock returns to U.S. television on January 19th in the 10 PM slot following Downton Abbey, PBS said last month. The BBC has not released its start date for the next three-episode installment of the crime series, but will air ahead of the U.S. The episodes promise to answer how Sherlock faked his own death in series 2 ender The Reichenbach Fall, and, how John Watson will take the news:
First Official Photo: ‘Sherlock’ Season 3
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente