EXCLUSIVE: Final Draft, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) have renewed the vows that helped make Final Draft the #1 market dominant scripting software used by screenwriters and wannabe scribes everywhere. The deal, first inked in 2006 and then re-upped in 2008, will continue for another 3-year term under the latest re-up. WGAW will keep endorsing Final Draft over other competitors on its otherwise sparse WGAW script registry site, where Final Draft’s logo gets eyeballs from everyone registering screen- and teleplays online. The two are are also collaborating off the page. They’ll partner on an instructional event for writers to be held at the WGA Theater to teach WGAW members how to use the software’s latest version, Final Draft 9, which will debut in Q1 2014. And for the first time, the grand prize winner of Final Draft’s Big Break Screenwriting Contest in the feature film category will become eligible to join the WGAW’s Independent Writers Caucus.
Final Draft Extends Domination, Re-Ups WGAW Pact Ahead Of Final Draft 9 Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations