Eloise Mumford will play Kate Kavanagh, Anastasia Steele’s best friend and roommate, in Universal and Focus Features’ Fifty Shades Of Grey. The deal, which our sister pub Variety sniffed out first, was finalized last night and should mark the last major casting in EL James’ uber-popular erotic novel adaptation that James, Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing, and Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing. Kelly Marcel wrote the initial draft of the screenplay with later work from Patrick Marber and Mark Bomback. Mumford stars in Universal’s upcoming Not Safe For Work and on the TV side co-starred on short-lived series like Fox’s Lone Star and ABC’s The River, and is in ABC’s midseason series Reckless. She’s repped by Paradigm. Universal and Focus recently shifted the pic’s release date from August 1, 2014 to February 13, 2015 — situating it nicely for Valentine’s Day and a four-day holiday weekend thanks where Presidents Day falls that year.
Latest ‘Fifty Shades’ Casting: Eloise Mumford As Kate
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return