Eloise Mumford will play Kate Kavanagh, Anastasia Steele’s best friend and roommate, in Universal and Focus Features’ Fifty Shades Of Grey. The deal, which our sister pub Variety sniffed out first, was finalized last night and should mark the last major casting in EL James’ uber-popular erotic novel adaptation that James, Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti are producing, and Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing. Kelly Marcel wrote the initial draft of the screenplay with later work from Patrick Marber and Mark Bomback. Mumford stars in Universal’s upcoming Not Safe For Work and on the TV side co-starred on short-lived series like Fox’s Lone Star and ABC’s The River, and is in ABC’s midseason series Reckless. She’s repped by Paradigm. Universal and Focus recently shifted the pic’s release date from August 1, 2014 to February 13, 2015 — situating it nicely for Valentine’s Day and a four-day holiday weekend thanks where Presidents Day falls that year.
Latest ‘Fifty Shades’ Casting: Eloise Mumford As Kate
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.
- Longtime Fox TV Sales Exec Jean Rossi Exiting
- Amazon's 'Transparent' Set For September 26 Debut: Video