EXCLUSIVE: Family Guy veteran Steve Callaghan has signed a new overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV, his second overall pact with the studio that produces the long running animated series. Under the new deal, Callaghan will continue his duties as executive producer/co-showrunner of the 12th season of Family Guy, alongside Rich Appel. Callaghan started on Seth MacFarlane’s Family Guy on day one as a writer’s assistant, eventually moving up to EP/co-showrunner in 2009. He served in that role until last fall when another long-time MacFarlane lieutenant, Appel, returned to the series as new showrunner, with Callaghan remaining executive producer. In January, Callaghan joined another animated MacFarlane/20th TV series, American Dad, which brought him in as EP/showrunner for Season 8. With American Dad moving to TBS, Callaghan in July was summoned back to help flagship Family Guy in a co-showrunner capacity. “Steve‘s career is a huge success story for this studio,” 20th TV chairman Gary Newman said. “He literally started as a writer’s assistant on the very first episode and rose through the ranks to become one of Seth’s most trusted showrunners. He is incredible in the writer’s room, is a walking encyclopedia of all things Family Guy and is probably the tallest writer we’ve ever employed. But most importantly, he’s hilarious and just a great guy who we value enormously.” Callaghan is repped by WME and Morris Yorn.
‘Family Guy’ EP/Co-Showrunner Steve Callaghan Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'