Here’s a news item some Facebook users won’t like: The social networking giant has frozen an unspecified number of accounts until those users to change their passwords and answer a few security questions. The lockout affects folks who used the same login info for Facebook and Adobe, and those users will see a prompt next time they try to sign in on Facebook. The Mark Zuckerberg-led company is mining data password leaked after hackers broke into Adobe and jacked encrypted credit card records from nearly 3 million customers as well as login data for many Adobe accounts. If you see this prompt next time you want to update your profile selfie or comment on a cat video, you’re one of the unlucky many:
Facebook Locks Some Accounts In Wake Of Adobe Security Breach
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates