Endemol-owned UK production company Initial‘s credits include hit reality shows Big Brother UK and Your Face Sounds Familiar. After promoting Nick Samwell-Smith to managing director in September, the outfit has now hired Mirella Breda as creative director. Breda will join Initial in February after a long stint at the BBC where she has been executive editor of BBC Entertainment commissioning since 2007. Her tenure has included developing and exec producing Masterchef, Dragons Den, Comic Relief and Initial’s Total Wipeout. At Initial, she will look to expand entertainment output with new formats for the UK and international markets.
Endemol’s Initial Names BBC Exec Mirella Breda As Creative Director
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Tartaglione
- Ken Loach Calls For Cultural Boycott Of Israel, Labels U.S. A “Bully”: Reports
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies