Endemol Beyond is a new global venture that will create a premium network of international and local channels across such platforms as YouTube, Yahoo, AOL, MSN and Dailymotion. Big Brother producer Endemol is spending an initial 30M euros ($40.3M) on the venture which will invest in high-end original productions for the channels and will also acquire third-party programming. Genres will include comedy, entertainment, fashion and film. Endemol says Endemol Beyond will mirror its core content business, leveraging the company’s global creativity, brands and IP and producing premium entertainment that is exploited across all platforms. Its digital video business already has over 100 YouTube channels in worldwide markets including Germany where the Endemol Beyond brand was launched in 2012. Georg Ramme, who runs the German operation, will become managing director of Endemol Beyond International.
Endemol To Invest $40M In Premium Channel Network Endemol Beyond
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”