Season 4 of Downton Abbey went out with a bang on the UK’s ITV on Sunday night. Not only was the hit period drama renewed for a fifth season, the final episode of the regular season scored record numbers for the run. Episode eight drew 9.8M viewers with a peak of 10.5M, ITV said this morning. That was worth a 40.2% share and made it the most-watched installment of the season. The score bested the previous overnight season high of 9.6M. The Crawley clan will be back on ITV on Christmas Day for a special two-hour episode and will kick off Season 4 in the U.S. on January 5th on Masterpiece.
‘Downton Abbey’ Season Four Finale Hits Ratings High
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Beloved Sisters' Gets Germany's Nod For Oscar Race; BAFTA Sets David Fincher Retrospective; More