Season 4 of Downton Abbey went out with a bang on the UK’s ITV on Sunday night. Not only was the hit period drama renewed for a fifth season, the final episode of the regular season scored record numbers for the run. Episode eight drew 9.8M viewers with a peak of 10.5M, ITV said this morning. That was worth a 40.2% share and made it the most-watched installment of the season. The score bested the previous overnight season high of 9.6M. The Crawley clan will be back on ITV on Christmas Day for a special two-hour episode and will kick off Season 4 in the U.S. on January 5th on Masterpiece.
‘Downton Abbey’ Season Four Finale Hits Ratings High
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest International News
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Streaming Service BritBox Launches Xmas Specials and Simulcasts UK Shows
- Al Franken Apologizes After Radio Host Posts Photo Of Him Groping Her During ’06 USO Trip
- NBC Olympics To Live Stream 1,800 Hours Of 2018 Winter Games From South Korea